B.B.A. + LL.B. or Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Legislative Law is an undergraduate Administrative Law professional integrated course. It is a combination of the study of Law and Business administration. The degree course provides an integrated understanding of the interrelationship of Management Studies and Law in their entirety than in specified areas. As of Law, it is a set of categorized rules and regulations under which any society or country is governed. B.B.A. L.L.B. is a five Years Course with ten semesters. The maximum duration to clear the course is a period of eight years from the date of admission to the First Semester Course. It is called an Integrated Course because its course curriculum involves the study of Commerce and business administration etc. along with the in-depth study of law and legislature. It is also referred as B.B.A., LL.B. The medium of instruction is mostly English unless specified.
B.B.A. + LL.B. Eligibility
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing a B.B.A. + L.L.B. Course is Pass in the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system with aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks or an equivalent examination such as 11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving certificate course) from a recognized University of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the government of that country. These regulations can be varied but are mostly similar in almost all institutes.
- Applicants who have obtained + 2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate or First Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission.
- Admission to the First Year of the 5-Year BBA, LL.B. Degree Program is made strictly on merit, based on the Entrance Examination. An interview maybe conducted as well.
- National-level Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)/State Level Law Entrance test scores are accepted, they provide extra weight-age in some institutes, while in others, these are not mandatory.
- The maximum age for seeking admission into a stream of integrated Bachelor of law degree program, is limited to 20 (twenty) years in case of general category of applicants and to 22 (twenty two ) years in case of applicants from SC, ST and other Backward communities.
- Most of the institutes reserve a certain number of seats for foreign candidates.
- Certain numbers of seats are also reserved for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes, along with reservation for Persons with Disability.
- As per stipulation of the Bar Council of India the minimum percentage of marks not below 45% of the total marks in case of general category applicants and 40% of the total marks in case of SC, ST and OBC applicants, to be obtained in the qualifying examination, such as +2 Examination.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination can also appear for the test on condition that they produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed marks at the time of interview.
Some of B.B.A. L.L.B. Entrance Tests
B.B.A. LL.B. Course Suitability
- Those who want to Master degree and then for further research work after its completion also are suitable for the course.
- Those who like Law and Business Administration but pursuing Bachelors degree in both will take about years whereas this course caters to both interests within a span of five years, i.e. a year saved.
- The course is for those who want more from One Degree Course; candidates get the best of both the worlds.
How is B.B.A. LL.B. Course Beneficial?
- Students who have completed B.B.A., L.L.B. Degree Course have lot of employment opportunities in administration, planning, management, banking, and industrial sector in addition to judiciary & legal profession.
- One is able to study courses related to the market requirements and enhance their market value amongst other institutions of repute.
- It also equips the students with the requisite knowledge of the diverse subject portfolios and enables them to handle situations efficiently.
- Businesses often require legal services and if a person in proficient in both business and law, he can acquire extra perks on account of holding two posts at one time.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing a B.B.A. L.L.B. Course is Pass in the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system with aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks or an equivalent examination such as 11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving certificate course) from a recognized University of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the government of that country. These regulations can be varied but are mostly similar in almost all institutes.