B.Tech. Industrial & Production Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Industrial & Production Engineering is an undergraduate Industrial Engineering course. Industrial/ Production engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with the study to develop, improve, implement and evaluate the integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, material and the industrial process. Industrial Engineering can also be termed as Operations management, Production Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Manufacturing Systems Engineering depending on the viewpoint or motives of the user. Production or industrial engineers work includes planning, measuring and controlling all activities within the organization, besides designing the production process for a product. The course provides many jobs after its completion and its duration is four years.
B.Tech. Industrial & Production Engineering Eligibility :-
• A pass in Plus-two (12 Standard) or its equivalent, with minimum 60% or equivalent CGPA.
• Some of the very reputed universities and institutes conduct entrance examination for admission.
How is B.Tech. Industrial & Production Engineering Course Beneficial?
• The course is suitable to design and installation of integrated systems for men and materials, equipment and processes for increasing the productivity of goods, and detailing the optimum quality, which is economically viable.
• Industrial Engineers can also work as plant engineers, manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, process engineers and industrial managers in different industries, management and service sector in the middle management cadre.
• Course is beneficial to describe new developments in processes, materials, and computer integration of both technological and managerial activities in manufacturing organization and
• They can also be absorbed in several other organizations including banks, hospitals, finance, agriculture, public utilities, wholesale and retail trade, transportation, construction and government.