M.Tech. Power Electronics and Drives or Master of Technology in Power Electronics and Drives is a postgraduate Power Electronics course. The power electronics design suite provides easy-to-use tools for electrical, thermal, electromagnetic, electromechanical, circuit, control and system design. The course helps to provide an up-to-date and dynamic course in Power Electronics and Drives, and their applications. This specialisation combines state-of-the-art technologies with conventional technologies, for example, power semiconductor devices, electronics, electromagnetic, digital signal processors, and control theory, EMC and energy technology. The themes for the study in Power Electronics and Drives provide you with an in-depth understanding of the technologies and scientific disciplines involved in electric energy conversion by means of power electronic converters and electric machines.
M.Tech. Power Electronics and Drives Eligibility :-
• B.E./B.Tech. in relevant subject with 60% or equivalent CGPA
• Some of the very reputed institutes conduct entrance examination for admission.
How is M.Tech. Power Electronics and Drives Course Beneficial?
• The course provides the knowledge enabling design, modelling, simulation and synthesis of power converter-based systems used for conversion of electric energy.
• The course is beneficial to provide a special education in power electronics and drives techniques, covering key fundamental principles along with modern applications and current practices.
• After passing the course they have many professional, scientific, and technical services firms, government agencies, and manufacturers of computer and electronic products and machinery.
M.Tech. Power Electronics and Drives Syllabus :-
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Power Electronic Converters and Machine Drives|
|6||Power Electronics and Machine Lab.|
|8||Advanced Machine Drives|
|9||Advanced Power Electronic Converters|
|13||Machine Drives Lab.|
|15||Comprehensive Viva Voce|
|16||Thesis (Part I)|
|17||Thesis (Part II)|