M.Tech. VLSI Design or Master of Technology in VLSI Design is a postgraduate VLSI Design programme. VLSI Design absorbs and assimilates the latest development in the field of emphasizing on hierarchical design methodology and practical applications. M.E. VLSI course emphasis is on the structure and function of the complete system. A detailed study of the subsystems that comprises the overall system is carried out. The technical knowledge provided in the course on different aspects of the system will help the students in understanding the functioning of the system. This will further help in providing the necessary expertise required by the industry. The course has four semesters and its duration is two years.
M.Tech. VLSI Design Eligibility :-
• Bachelor degree B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
• Some of the very reputed institutes conduct entrance examination for admission to the degree course.
How is M.Tech. VLSI Design Course Beneficial?
• Course is beneficial to train the professionals to work in the field of VLSI Design, playing different roles at the interface between technology, design and development.
• It helps to train the students for academics as well as research, and analysis oriented careers, by developing competence in the usage of quantitative and qualitative methods in the particular domain.
• Candidates can find jobs in leading core companies like DELL, Texas Instruments, ARM, Infinera, Free-scale Semiconductors, Wipro, Philips, Synopsis, Magma, Analogue Devices, Motorola, HCL Technologies, Honeywell, Cypress Semiconductors, Micro-chip, Tata Elxsi etc.
• They can also go for teaching jobs in colleges/universities both on private and permanent basis.M.Tech. VLSI Design Syllabus
M.Tech. VLSI Design Syllabus :-
Syllabus of VLSI Design as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Digital VLSI Design|
|2||VLSI Communication Circuits|
|3||DSP Systems & Architecture|
|4||Semiconductor devices Physics & Modelling|
|5||HDL Based Design with programmable logic|
|6||Communication and DSP Lab|
|7||HDL Based design and Simulation Lab|
|1||Applied Algorithms for VLSI CAD|
|2||VLSI Signal Processing|
|3||IC Fabrication Technology|
|4||Mixed Signal VLSI Design|
|5||Testing & Verification of VLSI Design|
|6||Analogue IC Design Lab|
|7||Testing & Verification of VLSI Design|
|9||VLSI Design Lab|
|1||Hardware-Software Co - Design|
|2||ASIC Design Lab.|
|4||Major Project Part I (Full time)|
|1||Major Project Part II (Full Time)|
Sir Padampat Singhania University has been established through an Act (Sir Padampat Singhania University, Udaipur Act, 2008) of the State Government of Rajasthan. Sir Padampat Singhania University is recognised by UGC vide Letter No: F.9-8/2009(CPP-1) dated 13 April 2009 and Letter No: F.5-3/2017(CPP-1/PU) dated 18 April 2017..Readmore
c, has been born from a strong parentage. Poornima, as the name implies stands for full moon, which symbolizes “Perfection”. We want our students to be like full moon, as perfect as they can be. PU by virtue of being a University, provides students a wide perspective, a melting pot for varied interests, diverse cultures and a multidisciplinary cosmos, where an architect can interact with a commerce research scholar, a physics scholar can interact with an engineering student..Readmore