M.Tech. Chemical Engineering or Master of Technology in Chemical Engineering is a postgraduate Chemical Engineering course. It is two years program and further divided into two semesters each. The main emphasis in the first two semesters is on coursework which comprises of both core or compulsory courses and electives. The research project constitutes a major part of the work in the second year. The student under the supervision of a faculty member carries out state of the art research in the frontier areas of chemical engineering such as computational fluid dynamics, materials science, biochemical engineering, environmental engineering, process control, reaction engineering, transport phenomena, particle technology, semiconductor processing, etc. The research involves solving problems of industrial relevance as well as of fundamental significance. The M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) programs in India are usually structured as an Engineering Research degree, lesser than Ph.D. and considered to be parallel to M.Phil. and M.S. degrees in Humanities and Science respectively. So, M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) degree is a research-based degree where the student does the research work like Ph.D. work.
M.Tech. Chemical Engineering Eligibility :-
• The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing an M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) degree is qualifying B.E./B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent examination.
• Some of the very reputed universities and institutes conduct entrance examination to get admission to their M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) degree course. Generally, the admission is through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Score Merit List.
How is M.Tech. Chemical Engineering Course Beneficial?
• Chemical engineers are some of the highest-paid professionals in the country.
• The petroleum and chemical industries are long-established reserved job-areas for chemical engineers.
• As environmental concerns such as waste reduction and biohazard clean-up are catching the attention of the whole world, chemical engineers will enjoy high demand and wider scope in these areas.
• As the chemical engineers develop everything from fibres to artificial organs for human transplant, the wide scope and broad application of M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) degree has and will always continue to provide the degree holders with the opportunities to take up work in almost any field of interest such as chemical manufacturing, electronics, healthcare, biotechnology photographic equipment, clothing, pulp and paper, etc.
M.Tech. Chemical Engineering Syllabus :-
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|2||Chemical Reaction Engineering|
|4||Advanced Mass Transfer|
|5||Advanced Process Dynamics and Control|
|6||Process Equipment Design|
|8||Solvent Extraction Engineering|
|9||Catalysis and Surface Phenomena|
|10||Food Process Engineering and Technology|
|12||Modern Separation Process|
|14||Process Modelling, Simulation and Optimization|
|17||Project Engineering of Process Plants|
|18||Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics|
|21||Total Quality Management|
|24||Computational Methods and Computer Graphics|
Synch with the mission of creating pathways through career to future, the Nims University has emerged as the largest and best self-financed university in North-India. Structured at par with the composite model universities of the leading nations of the world, the Nims University has been legendary in quality teaching and action oriented research in all disciplines..Readmore