M.Tech. Structural Engineering or Master of Technology in Structural Engineering is a postgraduate Structural Engineering course. Structural engineering is a field of engineering dealing with the analysis and design of structures that support or resist loads. Structural engineering is usually considered a specialty within civil engineering, but it can also be studied in its own right. The duration of Master of Technology in Structural Engineering is generally two years but it may vary from institute to institute and also may be on part time basis by certain institutes. The syllabus for the course is divided into four semesters and some electives. It is career orienting in nature which opens many jobs for them after having it.
M.Tech. Structural Engineering Eligibility :-
• The candidates should complete their B.E., B.Tech. (Mech., Prod., Auto, Metallurgical, Aeronautical, Mechatronics, Marine, Industrial, Manufacturing) degree under any registered University.
• The marks of admission for this course may vary from University to University.
How is M.Tech. Structural Engineering Course Beneficial?
• After having passing the degree course they can design steel, concrete, or timber framed structures such as tall buildings, bridges, dams, towers, platforms, retaining walls, foundations and stadiums.
• They can help in the task of utilizing the natural resources judiciously and improve the life styles of the people.
• They can go for research work in the very subject for further studies.
• They can find jobs in the companies dealing with design and analyze Highways, Railways, Airports, Urban and Suburban Road Networks, Parking Lots, and Traffic Control Signal Systems.
M.Tech. Structural Engineering Syllabus :-
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Matrix Structural Analysis|
|2||Dynamics of Structures|
|(a) Elective I|
|2||Pre Stressed Concrete|
|(b) Elective II|
|2||Theory of Plates and Shells|
|1||Finite Element Analysis|
|2||Earthquake Resistant Design|
|3||Advanced Concrete Design|
|3||Soil Structure Interaction|
|1||Construction Techniques and Management|
|2||Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling|
|3||Design of Tall Buildings|
|1||Design of Industrial Structures|
|2||Bridge Analysis and Design|
|4||Mid Term Evaluation of Dissertation|
Apex Institute of Engineering & Technology is situated in Jaipur in Rajasthan state of India. Established in 2004, it is accredited from AICTE and it is affiliated to Rajasthan Technical University Kota. AIET, Jaipur offers 8 courses across 1 streams namely Engineering and across 2 degrees like B.Tech, M.Tech. AIET campus is spread over 32 Acres. .Readmore
c, has been born from a strong parentage. Poornima, as the name implies stands for full moon, which symbolizes “Perfection”. We want our students to be like full moon, as perfect as they can be. PU by virtue of being a University, provides students a wide perspective, a melting pot for varied interests, diverse cultures and a multidisciplinary cosmos, where an architect can interact with a commerce research scholar, a physics scholar can interact with an engineering student..Readmore
Regional College For Education Research And Technology is sited at Sitapura in Jaipur district of Rajasthan. The college was established in 2003 to impart technical education to all community of the society. The institute is affiliated to Rajasthan Technical University, Kota and recognized by AICTE, New Delhi..Readmore