M.Tech. Transportation Engineering or Master of Technology in Transportation Engineering is a postgraduate Civil Engineering course. Transportation Engineering is the application of technology and scientific principles to the planning, functional design, operation and management of facilities for any mode of transportation in order to provide for the safe, rapid, comfortable, convenient, economical, and environmentally compatible movement of people and goods (transport). The duration of Master of Technology in Transportation Engineering is generally a two years but it may vary from institute to institute and also may be on part time basis by certain institutes. The syllabus for the course is divided into four semesters plus two electives. The course is an important and career originating in nature which opens a lot of job scopes for the candidates after its successful completion.
M.Tech. Transportation Engineering Eligibility :-
• The candidates should complete their B.E., B.Tech. (Mech./Prod./Auto/Metallurgical/Aeronautical/Mechatronics/Transportation/Industrial/Manufacturing) degree under any registered University.
M.Tech. Transportation Engineering Course Suitability :-
• Students those who interested or desirous in M.Tech. in Transportation Engineering and have leadership, problem-solving, IT skills, research and communication skills and presentation skills are most suitable for this course.
• Second, those who have the spirit of teamwork, ability to work to deadline, have good communication and interpersonal skills are also suitable for it.
• Third, one should have managerial skills, organizing ability, an ability to make decisions, solve problems, work effectively within a team will be essential and can for it.
How is M.Tech. Transportation Engineering Course Beneficial?
• M.Tech. (Transportation Engineering) course provides the candidates good base for higher degree programs in respective subjects such as research work.
• After having passed this degree course they can join private institutes and after clearing NET exam they can join the colleges/universities on permanent basis.
• After having passed the course they can seek employment in consultancy firms, quality testing labs, road projects and building work.
M.Tech. Transportation Engineering Syllabus :-
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Numerical Methods and Applied Statistics|
|2||Highway Traffic Analysis and Design|
|3||Pavement Analysis and Design|
|Elective I, II|
|5||Traffic and Pavement Engineering Laboratory|
|1||Road Transport Management and Economics|
|3||Computer Simulation Applications in Transportation Engineering|
|Elective III, IV, V|
|4||CAD in Transportation Engineering|
|1||Project Work-Phase I|
|1||Project Work-Phase II|
|Elective (I Sem.)|
|1||Geographical Information Systems and Remote Sensing|
|2||Intelligent Transportation Systems|
|4||Human Resource Management|
|Any other Elective|
|Elective (II Sem.)|
|2||Theory of Traffic Flow|
|3||Environmental Impact Assessment|